UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the Digital Communication Officer will be primarily responsible for strategic planning and coordinating UNICEF Angola presence in a number of digital platforms, such as UNICEF/Angola Webpage, Facebook, YouTube and others. The post incumbent will identify and create conversations around issues related to UNICEF’s mandate and engage followers in a dynamic, interactive and meaningful way. The ideal candidate is at home in a digital environment and has a keen interest in emerging digital trends. Duties include curation of the UNICEF Angola home page, liaison with offices to identify content, planning of editorial production and coordination of editorial resources. The Digital Communication Officer will make recommendations regarding the use of current and future social media channels and contribute to the implementation of public advocacy and communication strategies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and manage UNICEF Angola strategic approach to social media. In collaboration with communication and programme colleagues build and implement the Social Media Strategy for UNICEF Angola.
- Develop and manage UNICEF Angola webpage and social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube and others), including liaison with programmes to identify content, planning of editorial production and coordination of editorial resources, producing daily and weekly posting of messages, photos and story contents.
- Engage with bloggers and reach out to specific online audiences and networks to foster their capacity to tell stories and raise awareness about issues relating to child survival, development, protection and participation.
- Develop and update UNICEF Angola Internet of Good Things platform and manage partnerships with the private sector to expand the platforms reach.
Advocacy and Policy support
- Provide reports to management on the amount and quality of content being created and provide recommendations on what can be done to improve UNICEF Angola on‐line presence.
- Keep track of digital communication initiatives by other UN agencies and NGO’s that may be relevant to UNICEF Angola work.
Monitoring and Analysis
- Monitor and evaluate UNICEF Angola webpage and social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube and others) including daily and weekly posting and reach and key recommendations
- Organize and manage surveys and assessments to ensure effective and efficient webpages and social media platforms use and formulate key recommendations with support or/and collaboration with UNICEF HQs and RO.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Media or equivalent professional work experience in the Digital Communication area, combined with an advanced university degree in a related discipline or certified courses in social media and digital platforms.
- Two years of progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of digital communication, social media, digital marketing or editorial for a global company, publishing outlet, or NGO. Relevant experience of web design, as well as alternative and social media.
- Proven knowledge and experience using social media for development messaging. Excellent writing skills for the web.
- Adept at using a wide range of social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr and Pinterest.
- Knowledge of social media monitoring technology and can use social media measurement and listening tools.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, specifically in communication.
- High ethical standards and understanding of sensitivities relating to children’s rights.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local working language of Portuguese or Spanish are an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Opening Date Tue Aug 01 2017 10:00:00 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time) W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Aug 17 2017 00:55:00 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time)