Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Malawi (BCM-CFM) is a not-for-protit organization working in partnership with the Malawi government in the health sector. Our Mission is to provide high-quality, high-impact, highly ethical paediatric and family-centered health care, health professional training and clinical research, focused on HIV/ AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, malnutrition and other conditions impacting the health and well-being of children and families worldwide. We are situated within the Kamuzu Central Hospital campus (opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing)
BCM-CFM invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to till the following positions at the Area 25 Government Health Centre in Lilongwe.
ASSISTANT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (IT)
Reporting to IT Officer — Baylor College of Medicine Kamuzu Central Hospital Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance of the entire I T. infrastructure, hardware and software, to include: servers, desktop and laptop computers, network switches, firewalls, internet connectivity, PaBX, cabling/network points.
- Design and implement backup systems for clinical operations that require I.T. systems in order to function (example backup procedures/ server for the Electronic Medical Records system)
- Troubleshoot and repair network and computer issues as well as enforcing best practices and policies for use of the organization’s networks
- Perform routine backups, audit of systems, antivirus and software updates and ensure adequate internet connectivity through both the implementation of suitable network policy and relationship with the ISP.
- Provide helpdesk services to end users
- Perform and provide technical and software support advice as required
- Configure and maintain the telephone management system/PaBX (Nortel Networks)
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the I.T. infrastructure.
- Respond to staff service requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out a timely manner.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems with the I.T infrastructure.
- Continuously communicate with Health Centre staff and IT Officer the status of I.T related systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced Diploma in IT from a recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience in computer networking is preferred
- Experience with MySQL and any programming language would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or A+ certification would be an added advantage
- Experience in working with health-related institutions would be a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network administration environment.
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Able to work with minimum supervision, prioritize own workload, anticipate the technical needs of the staff, and meet deadlines
- Report to the IT officer all IT maintenance needs at the centre.
- High level of integrity, accountability, trustworthiness and ethically sound behaviour.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees who are not relatives to:
The Executive Director, Baylor Children’s Foundation -Malawi, P/Bag B397, LILONGWE 3
Please clearly mark on the envelope the position being applied for. Closing date for receiving applications is 25th August, 2017. Only short listed applicants will be acknowledged.