Job Title: Copy Translator
Period of Performance: August-September
Application Deadline: August 16, 2017
In Malawi, Palladium manages the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project. HP+ works with key stakeholders to advance health policy and financing for family planning and reproductive health, HIV, and maternal and newborn health at national and subnational levels. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to the existing priorities.
HP+ requires the immediate, short-term services of a Copy Translator to work on translation of information materials on population, family planning and development from English to Chichewa.
Specifically, the Copy Translator will require to translate:
- A PowerPoint Presentation (60 slides maximum)
- A Booklet (30 pages maximum) • A Brief (2 pages maximum)
Requirements and Skills
- Relevant Education in languages/ translation or any other related field.
- Excellent skills in proofreading and copy-editing in Chichewa.
- A good understanding and in-depth knowledge of English and Chichewa translation.
- Excellent writing skills and command of grammar.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Experience in translation for print publications in the respective languages
- Proof or samples of previous works.
- Subject matter knowledge a plus.
- Immediate availability and ability to work quickly to meet the assignment deadline.
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects/publications a plus.
Interested applicants should email a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Please put “COPY Translator” in the subject line of the email. Also, include a quote/rate of translation per page in your application and proof/samples of previous works.