Job Title: GRANTS OFFICER
Reporting to: Finance and Admin Manager
Contract Period: Two years (subject to renewal)
Grants Officer will work closely with the Program Manager and the Finance Manager to track grants.
Essential Job Functions and Duties for Grants Officer
- Maintain reporting schedule, prepare, and submit donor reports.
- The Grants Officer will maintain grant reporting schedules, work with program teams to draft narrative and financial reports prior to donor deadlines, review reports for consistency with project objectives and timelines (as well as for adherence to donor requirements), and edit reports prior to submission to the donor.
- The Grants Officer—Malawi will also coordinate with country, regional, and HQ Finance staff to have financial reports consolidated and approved.
- Monitor financial stewardship of grants.
- Monitor spending rates of all active Country Program grants monthly, working with the Malawi Country Accountant and the Regional Finance Manager of International Accounting.
- Work with program staff and finance colleagues to identify and resolve any problems related to spending rates.
- Ensure proper restrictions are placed on funds in the accounting software.
- Monitor donor pledge payments and ensure that Water For People is receiving funds on time.
- Manage internal and external communications.
- Manage in-country donor relationships and communication with in-country donors.
- Manage communication with funder relationship managers in Denver, regarding reporting deadlines and project extensions, and respond to funder requests for information.
- Follow up with Water For People staff and Implementing partners to ensure internal deadlines are met and information needed for proposals and reports is provided on time.
- Identify opportunities to submit proposals.
- The position will work with the Country Director to identify opportunities for fundraising.
- He or-she will help Water For People—Malawi contribute toward meeting annual regional fundraising targets through systematic and effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of funders.
- Proposal development. Support proposal development, with a focus on writing and reviewing proposal narratives and budgets.
- The Grants Officer will work with the Country Director to develop proposals.
- Provide management and administrative support to the Program Services Unit.
- The Grants Officer will help to maintain the Country grants calendar, will maintain hard and electronic files, and will contribute to information management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification and experience Should have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Finance or Accountancy/ experience may replace formal education in related subject
- Over 5 years of experience in grant management
- Post graduate Degree will be an added advantage
Please send your application and CV including copies of relevant certificates to the address below:
The Finance and Administrative Manager, Water For People, House No 1184, Mwavi Road, P.O Box 1207 Blantyre E-mail: email@example.com.
Closing date of application is 28th August, 2017
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Screened applicants will be interviewed week beginning 11th September 2017.