Reports to: Regional Field Manager, Africa and Program Manager Lilongwe,
Location: CCA Office
Status: Contractual 2 years
The Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) is a not-for-profit co-operative with a mission to establish and grow co-operatives internationally that build a better world. CCA delivers programs that help communities fight poverty and create more secure lives through community-owned co-ops,
INVEST Co-op – Malawi Project
The INVEST Co-op — Malawi project is a three year project (2016-2019) funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) that aims to increase sustainable economic growth and improved food security of small holder farmers engaged in agricultural activities. Though the use of integrated co-operative business models, this project will reach 50,000 farmers in the Central Malawi districts of Lilongwe, Mchinji and Dowa with the aim of increasing agricultural production, access to markets and finance through co-operatives. Working in close collaboration with Farmers Union of Malawi and Malawi Union of Saving and Credit Cooperative’s Project Managers and Canadian Co-operative Association’s Regional Field Manager, Africa, the M&E Officer mainly manages the progress of INVEST Co-op Malawi Project, supporting project implementation of its M&E Strategy using Results Based Management (RBM) tools,
Key Result Area
Quality monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Communicating information and ideas: Communicating clearly and effectively. Seeking to understand the ideas of others. Facilitating and encouraging open communication.
- Ethics and values: Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of the project in actions and decisions.
- Organizational awareness: Understanding, building and using formal/ informal systems and contacts in a complex organizational environment to obtain results.
- Self-management and emotional intelligence: Managing moods, responding effectively to stress, situations of ambiguity or crisis. Managing relationships with others to achieve mutual benefits. Building an emotionally intelligent organization.
- Working effectively in team in ways that allow the achievement of shared objectives.
- Job knowledge and technical expertise: Demonstrating and applying professional and/or technical expertise/knowledge of the post or discipline.
- Promoting accountability and results-based management: Monitoring and promoting practices, procedures and systems that support accountability and results-based management.
The post holder must possess the following skills, experience, and personal characteristics
Bachelor’s or Master’s or equivalent Degree in Social Science, Community Development, and Statistics related studies;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- At least five years experience on monitoring and evaluation;
- At least three years experience in designing qualitative and quantitative research tools;
- Knowledge of information systems,
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Experience and knowledge in co-operatives is a plus;
- Experience and knowledge innovative community-level capacity assessment, monitoring, and reporting; and
- Language fluency in written and spoken of both English and Chichewa.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook,)
- Proficiency in Internet research and data gathering;
- Proficiency in web authoring is a plus; and
- Knowledge of Results Based Management.
Deadline & Submission Process
Applications must be received no later than noon, August 24, 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted. Please reference the job title in the subject line and submit your resume and cover letter along with salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
CCA invites applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.