Blantyre Water Board is a government-owned institution established and reconstituted under the Waterworks Act of 1995 to supply potable water to residents of the City of Blantyre City and other surrounding areas. Blantyre Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position:
Applicants must have the following attributes:
- Diploma or City and Guilds Part 2 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Water Plant Operation;
- Must have undergone orientation in water treatment;
- Must have knowledge of water treatment and operation of rotating electrical/mechanical equipment;
- Must have three (3) years practical experience;
- Must have ability to exercise own initiative and judgment;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Minimum age of 30 years.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring and controlling operations of water treatment and pumping to achieve proper production of water;
- Supervising and controlling application of chemicals in order to treat water in accordance with set standards, and be able to adjust chemical levels to make water potable;
- Monitoring performance of plat and equipment, identifying any operating problems and initiating appropriate response and corrective actions;
- Reading and recording operational data for all stations on log sheets;
- Compiling daily plant performance and production reports;
- Responding to and documenting water supply and water quality customer enquiries in a timely manner;
- Performing any other lawful duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
An attractive salary will be offered in accordance with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Interested eligible applicants must submit their written applications giving full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of two (2) traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive, Blantyre Water Board, P.O. Box 30369 Chichiri BLANTYRE 3
The closing date for receiving application letters is 25th August, 2017.