Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks mid- and senior-level specialists to support a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning contract for USAID/South Africa. The specialists will provide a range of health and monitoring and evaluation methodological support to USAID/South Africa’s health program, focusing on activities funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Most, though not all, work will be undertaken on a short-term basis within South Africa.
Qualifications. Candidates must possess a post-graduate degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in a relevant field of specialization. Experience with USAID and/or PEPFAR is strongly preferred. Candidates must have excellent reporting and writing skills and fluency in English, both verbal and written. Residence in South Africa is preferred but not required.
Technical and/or Methodological Fields of Specialty. Candidates must have expertise in one or more of the following fields of specialization:
- HIV prevention, treatment, testing, or care
- Key populations (men who have sex with men, transgender women, sex workers, people who inject drugs) and/or priority populations (children, adolescent girls, and young women)
- Orphans and vulnerable children
- PEPFAR Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) assessment and analysis
- PEPFAR data quality assessment
- US statutory requirements re family planning and HIV/AIDS compliance
- USAID program cycle, including performance management plan (PMP) and monitoring and evaluation plan (M&E plan) development and implementation
- PEPFAR reporting requirements and systems
- Research methods, including literature reviews, systematic reviews, secondary data analysis, surveys, qualitative research, case studies
- Geographic information systems and geospatial analysis
- Analyses relevant to USAID programming (e.g., gender, environmental, sustainability, political economy, climate change vulnerability, social soundness, youth, institutional)
- USAID and PEPFAR performance monitoring and indicators
- Performance evaluation
- Data visualization
- Organizational capacity building
- USAID collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) methods
- Knowledge management
To apply, please submit a CV and letter listing the relevant technical and/or methodological fields of specialization for which the candidate is qualified to email@example.com with “SA MERL expert” in the subject line. Please indicate whether you are interested in short- or long-term assignments. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practice.