Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Habitat for Humanity seeks to appoint a Regional Grants Manager, based in Pretoria, South Africa.
This is a six months contract.
Travel: Up to 30% travel, mostly within Africa.
Reporting to the Director of Finance for the EMEA region, the Regional Grants Manager is responsible for providing support to the National Directors and National Finance Managers on areas to improve financial performance in the Branches and National organisations in EMEA Area. This includes financial management and technical oversight, coordinating audits, financial planning and budgeting capacity building.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field
- At least five years’ experience in grants management
- Knowledge of donor requirements (especially USAID, Irish Aid, DFID, CIDA, EU, etc.)
- Ability to understand financial reports and analyse financial variances
- Detail oriented, particularly with regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal documents
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to coordinate both financial and programmatic functions of grant management
- Management skills (planning, organising and monitoring)
- Ability to manage horizontally and vertically (professional / superiors/subordinates, peers, donors)
- Good communication and inter-personal relation skills
- Strong writing skills (clear, concise and compelling)
- Comfort and efficiency in IT systems including MS Office Suite
- Fluency in English
- International experience managing multi-cultural partners and stakeholders.
To apply, submit your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in South Africa.