- Deadline : 20 Jul 2017
- Salary : Excellent pay with benefits
It’s hard to believe that today over 663million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programmes. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the rights of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
WaterAid is looking for a Regional Programme Manager (RPM) to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
The purpose of the role is:
The purpose of the RPM role is to lead on programme planning, development, effectiveness, quality assurance, learning and impact in the region. The role will make significant contributions to our influencing work, drawing on our programme experiences, exploring collaborative regional opportunities around programme delivery and advocating for change in how WASH is delivered to bring about equitable and sustainable change across the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Regional Funding Manager (RFM) in identifying key programmatic focus for the development of thematic and multi-country proposals to contribute to the delivery of country and regional strategies,
- Programme delivery and accountability. Support the Regional Director in maintaining strategic oversight of programme work within the region, its contribution to regional objectives, and in sharing best practice.
To be successful, you will need to:
- Have a master’s degree and professional qualification in a relevant subject (development studies, social sciences), preferably with significant reference to the WASH sector,
- Be fluent spoken, read and written English
- Have excellent leadership skills especially in leading and empowering teams and effectively working as a member of a team,
- Committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
By 2030, we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we will give you a lot back.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV (in English) and motivation letter of 350 words or less to: WATRecruitment@wateraid.org stating WAEA RPM in the subject line and fill our job application here >
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.