FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Operations for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV and AIDS care and treatment project in South Africa. The Director of Finance and Operationswill be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub-award management, procurement, and logistics. The Director of Finance and Operations will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules, and regulations. The position will report to the Chief of Party.
The position is anticipated to be based in Pretoria, South Africa. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub-award management, accounting, and logistics
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub-award, and operations aspects of project
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of South Africa laws
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Manage project procurement processes
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Supervise other project-based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative, and contract and grants staff
- Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field, OR Bachelor’s or certified public accountant degree with 12 years’ experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects
- 2+ years of experience working in a developing country; South Africa experience is preferred
- Familiarity with U.S. Government financial management, accounting, compliance, procurement, and acquisition rules and regulations (FAR)
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with NGO partners, community-based organizations, and international donor agencies
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017