FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, Community Linkages for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV and AIDS care and treatment project in South Africa. The Director, Community Linkageswill provide technical leadership, coordinate technical assistance, and ensure the quality of community-level HIV care and support, as well as clinical-community linkages and referrals, in order to strengthen retention to care and adherence among program beneficiaries.
The position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
South African nationals and permanent residents of South Africa preferred and are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Support community-based partners in targeted provinces in South Africa to strengthen access to, and quality of, community care, as well as clinical-community linkages for HIV care and treatment
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to strategies, approaches, and provision of community-based HIV care and support services
- Collaborate with national, provincial, district, and site level government counterparts to strengthen clinical-community linkages
- Develop and revise guidelines and tools related to the implementation of community-level case management and monitoring
- Ensure that community-based HIV care and support interventions and operational research meet the relevant standards of quality
- Supervise, support, and build capacity of field staff in implementation and monitoring of activities to strengthen facility and community linkages and referrals
- Support community-based services and strategies to increase retention to HIV care, especially as it relates to HCT, PMTCT, ART, and VMMC
- Medical Doctor (MD or international equivalent), Masters of Public Health, Masters of Social Work, or other relevant graduate degree and 7-10 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of experience
- Experience in community-level HIV care and support programming in South Africa or other sub-Saharan countries
- Experience providing training and capacity building in facility and community settings
- Experience with USAID/PEPFAR funded projects preferred
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout South Africa
- Proficiency in English and other South African local languages
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017