About Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter:
The Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter works with housing market systems by supporting local firms and expanding innovative and client-responsive services, products and financing so that households can improve their shelter more effectively and efficiently.
Acting as a market facilitator through the Terwilliger Center, Habitat for Humanity will have exponentially more impact by improving systems that make better housing possible for millions more families, most of whom build their homes in stages. The Terwilliger Center’s approach stays true to Habitat for Humanity’s original principles of self-help and sustainability by focusing on improving systems that enable families to achieve affordable shelter without needing ongoing direct support.
IMPLEMENTATION AND COORDINATION OF CAPITAL MARKETS AND FINANCIAL INCLUSION STRATEGIES AND MODELS
- Coordinate and implement technical support strategies on Housing Finance and SME issues: product development, financial modeling, conceptual innovations, evaluations, involvement on specific projects.
- Coordinate and implement capital mobilization strategies for supporting the funding needs for both demand (clients and FSP’s) and supply (SME’s) side of the housing value chain, in collaboration with Market Systems.
- Promote inter-institutional adoption and adaptation of successful housing, financing and micro-finance models.
- Monitor and evaluate innovative projects, generate learnings and promote scaling of effective models, sharing and knowledge transfer.
- Support Manager CMFI in development of project proposals to potential donors, or investors, focusing on coordination and development of the capital market/financial inclusion design and objectives.
DEVELOPMENT OF PARTNERSHIPS
- Position TCIS EMEA-niche as a solution to Housing Finance, Housing Microfinance and SME’s in Africa region.
- Identify, prioritize, establish and maintain relationships with Implementing Partners (Micro Finance Institutions, other Local Finance Institutions, Donors, Investors, SME’s, consultants, etc).
- Develop and pilot partnership projects in cooperation with partners and area office team.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION
- Support Manager CMFI to identify new funds to support Housing Finance and SME’s activities and programs.
- Identify, prioritize, establish and maintain relationships with Funding Partners (Investors, Guarantors, Donors).
SUPPORT MICRO BUILD FUND, SVF AND TCIS LEADERSHIP
- Promote and identify potential MFI and SME’s partners.
- Conduct the appropriate due diligence (both desk and on-site) and a proposal development for each MFI and SME partner.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred in international development, business administration, or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of work experience in international development, preferably with an INGO, experience in developing countries is a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success in capacity building of partners.
- Experience in designing and delivery of housing microfinance and SME’s investment projects.
- Experience in selecting and coordinating consultant base.
- Working experience in microfinance and/or housing finance; with an understanding of low income segments.
- Investment, portfolio management and financial literacy experience strongly preferred.
- Credit and micro credit analysis abilities.
- Strong Excel & other MS office skills.
- Strong evaluation skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Cross-cultural communication skills.
- Negotiation and partnership development skills.
- Process facilitation and organizational development skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit your CV along with a letter of motivation online through our career site at:
Closing Date for Applications is the 25th of August 2017