FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director, Care and Treatment, for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV and AIDS care and treatment project in South Africa. The Technical Directorwill be responsible for technical leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all project technical activities. The Technical Director will manage the design and implementation of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standards of excellence in HIV/AIDS service delivery and programming.
The position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support programs
- Work in close coordination with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to support program implementation
- Provide leadership and supervision to technical staff (M&E, Clinical, Lab, etc.)
- Ensure that high quality and state-of-the art HIV prevention, care, and treatment interventions are implemented in a timely manner and in coordination and collaboration with USG partners and Government of South Africa agencies
- Oversee the quality assurance program for all technical aspects of the Project
- Lead the response to the specified goals and deliverables of the project whilst ensuring all project targets are reached in compliance with FHI 360 and USAID requirements
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the South Africa context
- Oversee technical outputs of all partner organizations through regular field visits, and facilitate work planning and regular technical meetings for all consortium partners
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts, and beneficiaries, and coordinate technical assistance provision
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination, and linkages to other programs, partners, and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms
- PhD, MD, or similar degree with 10+ years of experience implementing and providing technical assistance to HIV/AIDS service delivery programs
- 10 or more years of progressively more responsible technical supervisory work experience involving direct leadership of professional and support staff, and oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables
- Knowledge and experience working within the health sector; experience working in South Africa preferred
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships
- Experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; fluency in other South African languages desired
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Office
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017