- Job Description
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide. In November 2006, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation awarded a grant to support the expansion of the fight against malaria in Africa. Advancements in prevention and treatment have resulted in marked reductions in illness and death. Eliminating malaria is achievable using existing tools and a focused strategy, and the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA III), a program at PATH, is working with its national partners to chart the way forward through the development of an evidence-based framework to guide countries through a comprehensive set of program interventions to elimination.
PATH MACEPA is hiring Study Assistants (x2) for a randomized control trial (RCT) operating in Choma. The work will primarily focus on data and sample collection, conducting malaria tests and preparing field reports. The RCT aims to generate evidence to guide / inform malaria intervention and control measures on what the most effective community based reactive response to identified cases of confirmed malaria is in Zambia.
- Participate in all aspects of the RCT as instructed by research supervisors
- Maintain supply chain of key commodities for field sites
- Assist in the implementation of the trial to ensure compliance with the protocol
- Assist in sample collection and transportation
- Assist in field data collection with other team members
- Coordinate with research team members to ensure progress and institutional review board reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Inform the research team supervisor immediately if and when a major incident occurs that may affect progressive implementation of the study
- Required Skills
- Undergraduate Degree or its equivalent (Essential)
- Registered with the nursing council
- Minimum 5 years project management experience in the developing world (Essential)
- Experience working with MOH staff (Desirable)
- Experience working on a clinical trial (Desirable)
- Ability to plan and manage effective within a large team
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills
- Ability to keep records, with an attention to detail
- Mature individual, able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Able to troubleshoot and find workable solutions related to study processes and procedures
- Must have legal authority to work in Zambia
This position remains open for applications until Thursday 17th August, 2017
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Choma, Southern, Zambia
- Company Location
- Zambia, Choma
- Position Type