|DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
|DAI Global Health is seeking Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated health informatics project in Zambia. The objective of the program is to support the Zambia Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders improve collection and utilization of health data for informed decision-making. The project will provide technical assistance to collect, coordinate, consolidate, report and analyze health data from health facilities (public and private), clinics, and service delivery partners into a national system. The goal of the improved data collection and management is to support Zambia MOH and other key stakeholders in the use of evidence-based data to accelerate impact in their health programs.
This is a full-time position in Lusaka, reporting directly to the DAI Project Director. The COP will be responsible for overall technical leadership on health informatics and project management including:
- Oversight of project strategy, implementation, management, client engagement, and coordination among government counterparts and other implementing partners.
- Coordinating project efforts to promote program objectives and maintain relationships with MOH and other key stakeholders.
- Overseeing administrative management of local subcontracts and grants.
- Ensuring compliance with USAID regulations.
- Supervising finance and administration, monitoring and evaluation, and communications staff.
- Ensuring a coordinated approach to implementation of health informatics that integrates data collection, data quality, reporting, and data use.
- Implementing innovative technologies to improve data collection and management.
- Supporting the development of a national health information management system (HIMS) strategy to include a plan for implementing a comprehensive HIMS, health map, and improved data quality and use.
- Representing DAI and the project to the funding agency, the host country government and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in relevant field of study, (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, health information systems, etc.)
- At least 10 years of experience in managing donor-funded health information systems projects; prior experience in Zambia preferred.
- Experience in working with a wide range of public health stakeholders (e.g. private sector, non-government organizations, civil society organizations, community health workers.)
- Proven experience in managing donor funded contracts, supervising staff and overseeing budgets.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties, in information systems management.
- Demonstrated experience as COP or leadership in the administration of similar sized international donor supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary team.