The purpose of this evaluation is to design and implement an independent evaluation of the LWSSD Project implemented by the Millennium Challenge Account in Zambia that will assess Project performance in contributing to the Water, Sanitation, and Drainage sector sustainability. MCC is interested in assessing the effectiveness of the LWSSD Project with an emphasis on the Institutional Strengthening Activity through interventions on the water utility Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company (LWSC), and Lusaka City Council (LCC).
SI is seeking a WASH Engineering Specialist who will be responsible for technical and methodological contributions to the evaluation, providing technical leadership in areas of the evaluation related to WASH infrastructure quality and maintenance; the Engineer will report to the Evaluation Team Leader/WASH Economist.
Period of Performance: 5 years (1-year Base Period plus 4 Option Periods). This position is expected to be a part time consultancy during the period of performance.
- Provide WASH sector-specific technical guidance to the evaluation team.
- Work closely with MCC and MCA-Zambia as part of the SI team to monitor ongoing developments of the Evaluation of the LWSSD Project.
- Develop a site observation checklist for urban water infrastructure and conduct site visits.
- Conduct selected qualitative interviews with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing and drafting documents and reports.
- Conduct data analysis (quantitative or qualitative), as needed.
- Contribute to presentations to key stakeholders.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with demonstrated experience working on the engineering design and/or implementation of large water or sanitation infrastructure projects, preferably using FIDIC contracting documents.
- Graduate degree or higher in a related field (such as economics, engineering, qualitative methods, statistics, sociology, public health, development studies, business management, land tenure security, or related field) preferred.
- Experience with data collection management, designing and carrying out evaluations.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, within the context of a larger team.
- Zambia and/or Southeastern Africa experience desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Zambia.
- Fluency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.