Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination and it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
Plan International seeks a Finance and Operations Manager for USAID’s anticipated New Integrated Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning (MNCH/FP) Program in Zimbabwe, a cooperative agreement with an expected budget of $25 million over 5-years with an estimated start date of December, 2017.
The MNCH/FP program will work to improve maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations, and will be achieved through progress in the following key result areas: 1. Strengthened community systems and linkages to MNCH/FP services 2. Enhanced quality of respectful, youth-friendly MNCH/FP services throughout the continuum of care 3. Reduced socio-cultural barriers to improved health and health seeking behaviors.
The Finance and Operations Manager will report to the COP and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any subawards.
In order to succeed in the challenging and varied role, you will have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Possess at least a master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
- At least 10 years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least seven years were working on USAID-funded project.
- Experience managing providing financial or administrative support to USAID-funded programs in East Africa
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management, including USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Excellent command of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Type of Role: fixed term contract
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Salary: Competitive salary available
Reports to: Chief of Party
Closing Date: TBD
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified female candidates and qualified Zimbabwean nationals, including those living in the diaspora, are highly encouraged to apply.